• AUB Student Support provide on-campus wellbeing and counselling support just for AUB students. You can attend a drop-in wellbeing session or book an appointment at their Reception or by emailing them: email@example.com
• AUB Students’ Union organise events for The Small Things Matter campaign, as well as a whole range of activities to help you meet people and enhance your time here at AUB.
• The Universities Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) can help with any community safety concerns you might have. To talk to them in person, visit them in Room T108, Talbot House, Bournemouth University’s Talbot Campus. Alternatively, you can ring up 101 or email us at BmthCampusPolice@Dorset.PNN.Police.uk
They also run bike tagging drop-ins on campus for the next one.
Mental Health Services
• Steps 2 Wellbeing is a free, confidential, NHS service. They offer a range treatments for people experiencing problems with low mood/depression, anxiety, stress or other common mental health problems.
• Connection is a 24/7 phone helpline for people of all ages in Dorset who are experiencing mental health issues and need support.
• Samaritans is a free listening service, operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can also email them if you’d rather not call.
• Dorset Mind provide a variety of support for coping with, and information about, the signs and symptoms of mental ill health.
• Black Minds Matter (uk) support accessible healthcare for Black People in the UK
• Switchboard provide free phone consultations and support for LGBTQI+ people across UK
• STARS Sexual Trauma And Recovery Service: offers specialist emotional and practical support to survivors who have suffered sexual violence of any kind at any time, including ongoing counselling
Sexual and Physical Health
• The Village Surgery is AUB's local GP and surgery. For more info on medical care, check AUB's advice page.
• The Shores: Dorset Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) will collect evidence and can provide an ISVA to support through any criminal investigation and prosecution
• Sexual Health Dorset offers advice and information on sexual health and can provide STI screenings, pregnancy testing, contraception and emergency contraception
• Over The Rainbow: provides sexual health services and support for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community