£0.00 (Standard Entry)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Sunday 28 April 2019, noon - 2pm
Location: Boscombe Pier
We'd all be lying if we said that the beach wasn't a very big perk of studying here in Bournemouth. A very big not-so-perk of the beach though is the amount of rubbish that simply gets left there.
We've organised to dedicate some of our Sunday afternoon to picking up litter from Boscombe Beach. Litter pickers, gloves, and bin bags will all be provided; all you need to bring is your lovely selves, some warm clothes (it may be cold), and sensible shoes. And maybe some snacks too!
Please 'purchase' a free ticket by clicking the ticket link above - we won't charge you anything, it's just so we know how many people to expect!
Meet at the start of the promenade, to the left of Boscombe Pier.
Need some extra motivation to get you going?
- Did you know that there are approximately 5,000 items of litter found per mile of beach in the UK
- 100's of single-use plastic bottles were found per mile of UK beach
- On average, 28 wet-wipes are found per mile of UK beach
- 1 million sea birds are killed by plastic annually
- A recent Eunomia report determines that 94% of marine litter sinks, 5% ends up on our beaches, and 1% floats throughout the water column
(facts and figures courtesy of Surfers Against Sewage)